Junior software test engineer
We are currently looking for a highly motivated software test engineer with a passion for testing to fill a role created by a relocating team member. Our ideal candidate will be
- Motivated, with an interest in the domain and a desire for improvement;
- Analytical, inquisitive and creative with attention to detail;
- Work well with a variety of people;
- Have good written communication and basic mathematics;
- Be flexible and able to handle multiple work streams well.
You will be working in a small team of testers which forms an important part of the software development group. The team tests various applications and components including
- UltraPoS, our core application, used by our clients to sell travel money, pre-paid cards and other products to their customers;
- our white label site, allowing our clients to sell travel money products via their public-facing websites;
- our iPad application, used by shopping malls to provide a mobile platform for selling pre-paid cards;
- tools used by our services to import and export rates, MI data, stock orders, etc;
- integration with our client and third party providers such as card gateways, customer validators, payment gateways;
- components, scripts and services hosted on AWS and our own infrastructure which manage rates, secure storage, imports and exports, and other facilities.
As a test engineer you will be
- verifying updated versions of our applications work correctly;
- verifying new features work as designed;
- working with the software engineers in developing new features;
- contributing to our automated test suite;
- creating test scripts and recording test results;
- carrying out ad-hoc and investigative testing;
- ensuring that our products are secure;
- generating work tickets for the developers to address discovered issues;
- following PCI-DSS and our own guidelines to ensure product changes are tracked and controlled.
Useful skills are
- the ability to think beyond a script and pursue investigative tests;
- knowledge of automated testing and tools;
- experience of scripting in Ruby, shell script or similar;
- an awareness of attack vectors for public-facing sites and how to test our applications resist them;
- an understanding of how to test Web applications and APIs for security flaws.
You may have the opportunity to expand your role to other areas of software development should your abilities and interests coincide with our requirements.
At SCL we are less concerned with your qualifications or job title, and more interested in what you can do and who you can be. ISTQB or General Computer Science/Software Engineering qualifications can be beneficial but are not required.
Candidates must have the right to work and live in the UK indefinitely without restriction.
SCL are offering
- A salary up to £21,000 depending on experience;
- 25 days paid holiday;
- Flexible working hours;
- Contributory pension;
- Support for schemes like Childcare vouchers and Cycle to work.
To apply for this role please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org